Parents are a very important part of many activities at T/E Middle School. To sign up, complete the Volunteer Form online.
Brief description of In School Opportunities:
- Back to School Sale: TEMS PTO opens the School Store a few days before school starts. All items on the School Supply List are available in the TEMS School Store.
- "Break the Ice" Welcome Back Social: This informal event is held outside by the baseball field on a Friday night. (September)
- Health Screenings: Similar to the elementary school exams, TEMS will measure height and weight, and test sight and hearing. (September)
- Picture Day: Parents help check in the students before getting their pictures taken. Typically 1-2 hour shifts. (September)
- Cultural Arts: Parent volunteers help with a variety of jobs from greeting speakers to planning and promoting events. (Ongoing)
- School Store: The TEMS School Store, located adjacent to the Cafeteria, is open every Tuesday and Thursday. Students are allowed to shop during their lunch period. Two-hour shifts are assigned for School Store Volunteers who are required to have their Volunteer Clearance. (Ongoing)
- Spirit Wear Sales: The TEMS PTO offers t-shirts, sweatshirts and other items with the school logo. (Ongoing)
- MLK Casserole Drive: On the Tuesday after Martin Luther King holiday, the PTO collects hundreds of frozen casseroles that are immediately distributed to local shelters and food banks. Parent volunteers help with collection and distribution.
- 5th/6th Grade Social: Typically on the Friday of Spring Teacher Conferences (Half Day), a social event is planned for 5th and 6th Graders. (March)
- 8th Grade Recognition (Graduation): This is held on the last day of school. 8th Grade parents help with invitations and decorating, while 7th Grade parents help with hospitality. (June)
- Mini-Fundraiser Committee: This is a new committee which will plan and run mini-fundraisers throughout the year.
Opportunities Outside of School
- TEMS Parent Social & Silent Auction: This is the TEMS PTO's largest fundraiser for parents. (Spring)
- Hospitality Committee: The PTO hosts several events throughout the year and need donations of food and supplies. (Ongoing)
- Barnes & Noble Book Fairs: Parent volunteers help with activities at the store. (Spring)
- Welcoming Committee: Help welcome new families to the district, answer their questions and ease their transition to the school and community.
PTO Representative Opportunity - representatives attend monthly meetings and report back to the TEMS PTO. Please note that representatives are chosen by the organizations they represent, not by the PTO Executive Board.
- T&E Care - Tredyffrin & Eastown Care
T/E School District Representatives