Check Request or Expense Reimbursement
- For checks needed in advance, complete the Check Request Form ONLINE or print Check Request Form and submit to the PTO Treasurer.
- All receipts must be uploaded with Expense Reimbursement Form ONLINE or attached and submitted to the Treasurer with the printed Expense Reimbursement Form.
- Note: Check Request Form and Expense Reimbursement Form are the same form used for different purposes.
- All requests for reimbursement must be approved by the Committee Chairperson before submission to the Treasurer.
- Any expense over budget amount needs to be approved by the PTO Board.
- All requests for reimbursement should be made within 2 weeks after the event.
- Any check in excess of $500 must be signed by two authorized PTO Board Members.
- Request for a cash box must be made by email to the Treasurer (a week prior to the event if possible). Please specify the total amount required and in what bill/coin specification.
- Both the Treasurer and event Chairperson should sign the Funds Receive Form when the cash box is exchanged.
- Cash boxes should be maintained in the school safe when not in use or overnight. Mrs. Craley in the School Office will assist in sorting/retrieving these. Ideally, cash boxes should not leave school property.
- All funds collected should be detailed when using the Event Reconciliation Form (which downloads in MS Excel) or print Event Reconciliation Form. This includes listing all checks to be deposited.
- Reconciled funds and the completed Event Reconciliation Form should be placed in the school safe in the School Office.
- PTO Assistant Treasurer will verify cash and check totals to the Event Reconciliation Form prior to depositing in the bank.
- Cash box is counted in the beginning and end of each shift, recording both beginning and ending balances in the daily log.
- Any difference in the count should be communicated to the Treasurer or Assistant Treasurer.
- Assistant Treasurer will sweep the cash box at least twice a month and deposit all cash in excess of $100 and all checks.
- Sales of TESD owned gym uniforms are conducted through the store but cash/check receipts are maintained in a separate envelope. This envelope will be cleared by the Assistant Treasurer and given to Mrs. Craley in the School Office on behalf of TEMS.
- PTO President, Executive Vice President or Treasurer must approve any inventory purchase in excess of $250.
- Purchase order details should be forwarded to the Treasurer to be matched against final invoice. The form should be signed by a Committee Chairperson.
PTO Budget: If interested in knowing the details of the PTO budget, please
- Tuesday, December 6
- Tuesday, December 13
- Wednesday, December 14
- Monday, December 26
- Tuesday, December 27
- Wednesday, December 28